Here at Cathay Express Transportation, your trusted source for senior transportation services in Rego Park, we understand that most people want to continue driving for as long as they can do so safely. Unfortunately, for many people, a time will come when they must limit or stop driving, either temporarily or permanently. Today we’re going to cover some of the warning signs that indicate it may be time to limit or stop driving and consider a transportation service instead.
- Do you have frequent “close calls” where you’re almost wrecking your vehicle?
- Are you finding dents and scrapes on your car? On fences, mailboxes, garage doors, curbs, etc.?
- Are you getting lost, often in familiar locations?
- Are you having trouble seeing or following traffic signals, road signs, and pavement markings?
- Are you responding more slowly to unexpected situations, or having trouble moving their foot from the gas to the brake pedal; confusing the two pedals?
- Are you misjudging gaps in traffic at intersections and on highway entrance and exit ramps?
- Are you experiencing road rage or causing other drivers to honk or complain?
- Are you easily becoming distracted or having difficulty concentrating while driving?
- Are you having a hard time turning around to check the rear view while backing up or changing lanes?
- Are you receiving multiple traffic tickets or “warnings” from law enforcement officers?
Are you noticing any of these things in yourself or loved ones when driving? It may be time to consider a driver-improvement course or even time to call us to see how we can help you get around town safely.